Follow by Email

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Blessings, Patricia


Dear World- This blog post is now part of my new book so I took it down because I don't want to be a jerk and ruin it for you-

you're welcome

a preview of this awesomeness that includes a bunch of illustrations I drew all by myself

is available to download for 99 cents on Amazon by clicking here-

Beauty Tips for the Bereaved

Or you can go "like" our facebook page and read the preview for free by clicking here-

https://www.facebook.com/BeautyTipsfortheBereaved?ref=hl

This book is not a memoir.

It's a Survival Guide.

If you woke up this morning wondering if you can make it through the day

this book will be the little paper cup of water popping up unexpectedly by the side of the road.

If you are thinking to yourself-"My life is so much more fucked than anyone else I know."

this book will show you how to dig through the wreckage and find something priceless.

If you are doing just fine, thank you, but need something to read on that long flight next week-

I will make you laugh

(even if you don't want to)

and make you cry

(sometimes that feels good too)

but I promise to give you something beautiful.

(Not to give anything away but it has a happy ending. It's currently unfolding right now.)

Because here is the thing no one tells you-

when you lose everything,

when you think you have nothing left to offer that anyone will value-

you can give the world your truth.

Dear World,

Here is my love letter to you.

Here is my story.

 











9 comments:

  1. Dr. Pepper...I like the way your Dad rolls.
    ...and I love the way you write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As life develops I drift further and further away from the idea of karma. It just doesn't seem to work the way if is supposed to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS:

    I am also not as upset that my stepmother is trying to make me think I killed my father with pure meanness because-
    1. If I was capable of doing that my mother would have dropped dead years ago.

    Is exactly what I needed to hear right now. Take her mother-bleeping guilt trip and smash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Blessings Patricia" sounds like a fabulous new curse phrase to me.

    Whether you believe in Karma/Dharma or the rule of three or a giant purple elephant wreaking FURIOUS VENGEANCE...the best way I've found to deal with toxic idiots is to be happy and have an excellent life...without them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to hang out with you, Coco and your ghost dad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My father in law died from cancer this year. His girlfriend signed her letters "peace, love, and light" while she physically prevented his family from entering the house while he was on his deathbed. She spoke of the warmth of his loving spirit surrounding her while she hired security to prevent his family from attending the memorial. I think I know what kind of person you are dealing with.
    There's no point in getting angry. Nothing to be done about it at this point. They think they won, but they lost along with the rest of us.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunny ... The term "Ass Clown" brilliantly fits Patricia. You and Coco have inspired me to use that term once every day ... of course I will give you full credit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lost my father last year to cancer. The worst thing we had been through and it all happened so fast. I love reading your story and the way you capture the stories you share of your time with him. Its a gift and I am so glad to see you are not dampened by the smallness of one individual. Rock on, sister!

    ReplyDelete