Follow by Email

Monday, October 22, 2012

It's Your Movie

Dear World- This blog post is now part of my new book so I took it down because I don't want to be a jerk and ruin it for you-
you're welcome
a preview of this awesomeness that includes a bunch of illustrations I drew all by myself
is available to download for 99 cents on Amazon by clicking here-
Beauty Tips for the Bereaved
Or you can go "like" our facebook page and read the preview for free by clicking here-
https://www.facebook.com/BeautyTipsfortheBereaved?ref=hl

 
                                                          This book is not a memoir.
It's a Survival Guide.
If you woke up this morning wondering if you can make it through the day
this book will be the little paper cup of water popping up unexpectedly by the side of the road.
If you are thinking to yourself-"My life is so much more fucked than anyone else I know."
this book will show you how to dig through the wreckage and find something priceless.
If you are doing just fine, thank you, but need something to read on that long flight next week-
I will make you laugh
(even if you don't want to)
and make you cry
(sometimes that feels good too)
but I promise to give you something beautiful.
(Not to give anything away but it has a happy ending. It's currently unfolding right now.)
Because here is the thing no one tells you-
when you lose everything,
when you think you have nothing left to offer that anyone will value-
you can give the world your truth.
Dear World,
Here is my love letter to you.
Here is my story.
 

8 comments:

  1. I've said it before; I say it again. You are a good writer. I taught writing on the high school and university level. You are good. Not only are you funny, your paragraphs stay together. Both of those are a gift. They seem to come naturally for you.

    Yes, there is still a market for good books. Get your book published. Then bust your ass promoting it.

    It is your life. Go and get it.

    Tessa and I love you. Still have the dress in the front of the closet. See it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunny, we've never been too close, but I've always admired you as a writer and artist. Thanks for sharing this. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fred- I have this little video clip that plays in my head every time I think about you guys. It's some random place like the airport or a seaside resort. There is this couple ahead of me in line that seems familiar but I don't know why. Then my brain connects to you and Tessa and I KNOW it's you. Right when I realize that Tessa turns around and we recognise each other and laugh and give each other hugs because we are already friends. We either get to hang out for half an hour catching up followed by a poignant farewell scene or the three of us go on a madcap adventure that involves Mexican jails, fake beards, circus elephants, and chase scenes with spectacular special effects. It depends on the mood I am in that day. But I am certain this will happen someday. I really love you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me cry. A lot. And miss my mom so, so very much. But it was beautifully written and very moving. I don't know you (random visitor from bloggess-land, you'll probably see bunches of us over the next few days), but I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dad is in a slow decline right now. Sometimes it's a help to know you aren't the only one that has gone through it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dad is in a slow decline right now. Sometimes it's a help to know you aren't the only one that has gone through it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so totally understand the 'he's not on the other end of the phone line, ever again'. I felt that way when my dad died. All my life he was out there. We didn't talk often, but I knew he was out there if I wanted to call. Then he wasn't.

    I get the family/friends thing about coming to where you are too.

    I felt this entire post. I felt all of this, back in 1987 or 88, I can't even remember.

    I'll always miss my dad, always.

    ReplyDelete